Location: Remote, supporting Mountain Standard Time (U.S.)
Employment type: Part-time (15-20 hrs/week), availability window primarily M-F 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM MST (Weekend events rare, but may be required and will be informed in advance)
Rate: $25/hr DOE
Amazing opportunity for an organized, empathetic, tech-savvy and business-minded Finance Assistant to join an organization contributing to the ‘greater good'. A true partnership role with endless opportunity for someone looking to progress their career towards a high-performance, high-responsibility operational role.
- Building a leadership movement with fast-paced & innovative CEO
- Global, growing online coaching & mentoring business in the health, fitness and holistic healing sector
- Home-based working environment with flexible working arrangements
Who we’re looking for:
An energetic team-player to work closely with Operations Manager and Sales Teams to accelerate overall growth and improve cash flow.
This individual must have:
- strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
- a commitment to quality and excellence in service
- confidentiality and professionalism
- accountability for accuracy and completeness
- attention to detail
The Finance Assistant ensures back office, finance-related administrative tasks are completed efficiently. This role supports bookkeeping and budgeting procedures for the company, creates and updates databases and records for financial information, personnel and other data, submitting reports and preparing data as needed to Management, and offering assistance to the Sales Team when needed
The Finance Assistant performs variety of financial support tasks including:
- processing invoices and reimbursements
- collecting receivables
- composing and/or transcribing correspondence/documents
- compiling data and reporting out on accounts status
- supporting departmental projects/activities as requested,
- creating and maintaining databases, spreadsheets;
- answering emails and providing related follow-through, including follow-up on past due & delinquent payments.
In short, the Finance Assistant is responsible for tracking and collecting money owed from clients and students, and ensuring timely payments are made, making arrangements for past due payments, and communicating between Management and the Finance/Bookkeeping Team.
The Finance Assistant serves all businesses owned by Rebecca de Azevedo Media Group (aka Rebecca Overson Holdings), including Rock Your Massage Practice Academy LLC, iHeal Institute LLC, Prenatal Massage Specialists LLC, Rebecca Inspired Art LLC, and other potential new business entities.
The Finance Assistant reports directly to the Director of Operations (DOO), with indirect support to other team members (as agreed to by DOO).
- This position is 100% remote work. Individual may live anywhere in the US.
**This vacancy is not eligible for sponsorship / we will not sponsor or transfer visas for this position.
- Accuracy – this is more important than speed
- Assertiveness – ability and willingness to challenge others, speak your mind, push back
- Proactive – must share issues/risks as soon as known, and be ready to support with solutions
- English language – proficiency in English, both written and verbal
- Customer Service – maintain positive relationships with clients in sensitive situations.
- Strong financial acumen and affinity for numbers!
- Minimum of two years’ experience in a finance support role
- A high school qualification or equivalent
- Cheerful, energetic self-starter
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Basic admin skills up to par for the digital age; Social media and Google Suite Savvy
- Willingness to learn how to do things differently
- Ability to have a possible solution to present for every problem encountered
- Solid computer skills with a general understanding of computer software / able to pick up new systems & tools quickly
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must have reliable setup to perform work with zero hindrances; remote working experience
Experience with Quickbooks is a Plus.
Specific Duties Include:
- Accountable for full knowledge, follow up, collections and management of money owed by clients
- Maintain a master list of all client’s payment plans and daily updated status Create and send invoices to clients when indicated
- Keep up-to-date on all automatic payments for clients on payment plans and credit cards on file Be available to students to process changes to payment method/ other changes to payments
- Be available to to team members during business hours to answer questions
- Cross reference client payment status with client records
- Meet with Operations Manager and/or attend Team Meeting weekly
- Reconcile commissions for contract workers with bookkeepers
- Pay vendors, contractors, consultants
- Collect all tax paperwork from contractors
- Receive and pay invoices from ancillary costs
- Check all accounts that receive funds, transfer to company bank account regularly
- Issue refunds in rare cases
- Onboard/offboard contractors and employees, ensuring they are properly set up in systems
- Other admin support to HR as needed
*Specific financial and administrative duties are subject to change as the role evolves and business needs change
- This is a part time role, the incumbent will need to manage their schedule efficiently to best complete the requirements and support the business.
- Expected hours: 15-20 per week
- Working times: available during the window of M-F 8am-5pm MST
- Saturdays: very unusual and rare, but if they were to occur, you will be informed ahead of time and offset these hours via comp time on another day
Our culture at Rebecca Overson Holdings, LLC
At ROH, culture is very important to us. We want everyone on our team to feel the freedom to be themselves. A team is strongest when there is diversity of ideas and opinions, all shared in a safe, accepting environment.
What we do brings us happiness. We enjoy seeing the positive impacts of helping our students move forward with clarity and confidence, take effective action, and experience the success they’ve always dreamed of, but didn’t know how to achieve.
- Extreme Ownership
- Open Communication
- Personal Development
We are a mission-driven company and we believe it is absolutely possible to do what you love, make a difference, AND make a living.
If you are interested in joining our team, please submit resume, cover letter, qualifications and salary requirements to our recruiter: [email protected]. (We will not accept submissions via Facebook posts, DMs, or emails to any other address than the one listed above. Thank you.)