Hey there! My name is Rebecca de Azevedo Overson.
Let me share a bit of my journey with you…
I started my massage career in 1995 at the ripe age of 18, proceeded to struggle for 8 years to make a living, and finally quit because I needed steady income. Massage wasn’t cutting it.
(I know, not the happiest story. But stay with me……)
I ended up spending the next 5+ years in business administration and learned a LOT about sales, marketing, operations, graphic design, HR, and more.
I then left that career to be a mom and start my new work-from-home relationship coaching practice, while my husband supported us.
That was my indefinite “plan”…
Then, as a young mom with two babies under 2, and a slow-growing coaching practice, my family suddently became desperate for income when my then-husband’s real estate business evaporated in the recession of 2008.
I went back to massage, this time with a plan, strategy, business skills, and big mission to help make life easier for pregnant women.
Inspired by my very empowering birth experiences, I created a successful prenatal massage practice almost overnight, which quickly grew into a multi-therapist clinic in Salt Lake City, Utah. In addition to being sought out for prenatal and postpartum massage, I became a Birth Doula, and a Fertility Massage Specialist. My staff and I served over 10,000 women ,offering massage, yoga, birth doula services, childbirth education, and more.
It was a dream come true. I made it happen! I did it!
Then…knowing something else was “next” for me, I sold my practice, Salt Lake Prenatal Massage, in March 2018.
I understand firsthand the challenges that massage therapists face when it comes to building a successful business of their own, and I now help others through my 8-week “Rock Your Massage Practice Academy” – a mentoring program to help therapists build a thriving practice of their own.
How can I help YOU?
Join my lively and productive Facebook Group: “The Art of Building a Successful Massage Practice”.
- Licensed Massage Therapist (UT#293115-4701)
- Founder & Director of Salt Lake Prenatal Massage (2009-2018)
- Graduated from Myotherapy College of Utah, 1995
- Prenatal & Postpartum Massage Certification, 1996
- BA in Spiritual Psychology, 2010
- Certified Clarity Coach, 2006 (The Work of Byron Katie)
- Birth Doula (DONA)
- doTERRA SILVER Wellness Advocate and Essential Oils Educator
- Mom to two boys and one girl, all born at home with professional midwives
- Professional singer/pianist, headlining entertainer at “Keys On Main” Dueling Piano Bar in Salt Lake City
- Mentor to Massage Therapists all across the USA and in 6 countries (and counting!)